Halloween lands on Saturday this year which provides ample opportunity to prepare some delicious spooky food.
If you’re anything like us, you may be excited for the chance to get into the holiday spirit, but not quite sure where to start when it comes to festive snacks. Luckily for you, we’ve done our homework and crafted up a hauntingly good side for whatever you’ve got brewing this Halloween!
Enter olive oil and garlic mashed potatoes! This buttery and garlicky comfort food is sure to put a smile on your face. Yukon Gold potatoes, cloves of garlic, buttery olive oil, some salt, pepper, and a little bit of rosemary comprise this simple, yet delicious side dish. Check out some of our ingredient recommendations below!
What We Recommend:
- Seasoned Sweet Garlic Cloves
- The Olive Bar Butter-Flavored Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- The Olive Bar Roasted Garlic Sea Salt
If you really want to kick things up a notch, you can even add some food coloring! Just a few drops of green, orange, or purple food-safe dye can turn your olive oil and garlic mashed potatoes into a mysterious alien or monster meal that your kids will love.
Let’s take a look at what you’ll need to get started.
Olive Oil and Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Potato Peeler
- Large Pot
- 1½ lbs Yukon Gold potatoes
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 cloves garlic (peeled)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- freshly cracked black pepper
- salt to taste
- Peel potatoes and dice into roughly 1-inch cubes. Rinse the potato cubes with cold water in a colander to remove excess starch.1½ lbs Yukon Gold potatoes
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot, add 1/2 tsp salt, potatoes, and garlic cloves. Boil until potatoes are tender (10-15 minutes).½ tsp salt, 6 cloves garlic (peeled)
- Drain the boiled potatoes and garlic and mash. Add olive oil, rosemary, and cracked pepper whipping with a mixer or beating with a whisk until light and fluffy. Thin to desired consistency by adding warm water.6 cloves garlic (peeled), ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, ½ tsp dried rosemary, freshly cracked black pepper
- Taste the mashed potatoes and season to taste with additional salt and pepper.freshly cracked black pepper, salt to taste
- Serve & Enjoy!
We want to know how your dish turned out! Post online to Facebook with the hashtag #theolivebarrecipes and tag us @TheOliveBarCampbellCA!